The most expensive car in the world is not the Rolls Royce, neither is it the McLaren F1, it is the latest invention of the Bugatti family-The Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport. This car has been named “Car of the Decade” by Top Gear. The Bugatti Veyron bears a price tag of $2.3 million. If this figure is to be believed then this car stands out as the most expensive car in the world.
According to automotive resources this car was named after Pierre Veyron, who was the winner of 24 Hours of Le Mans in the year 1939, while driving a Bugatti 57. It is not a classic luxury car, on the other hand it is, as the name suggests is it a sports car. This car is not for the feeble-hearted. It is meant especially for people who love speed and adventure.
Features of The Bugatti Veyron:
1. It has a W16 engine.
2. It has two narrow angle V8 sharing a common crankshaft
3. It has four turbochargers generating 1,200 horsepower.
4. The improved aerodynamics allows it to reach the top speed of 268 miles.
5. This car reaches 60mph in just 2.5 seconds and it can reach a quarter mile in just 10.5 seconds.
6. This car is the fastest production car in the world
This car came into the market after a long hiatus, and reclaimed the lost brand value of Bugatti, by winning the title of the most expensive car in the world. However, if you ask my personal choice for a brand it is Volvo. I prefer the model – “sports wagon” because of its sporty look. For details refer auto blogs.